Sports activities Information of Saturday, 11 May well 2019
The Disciplinary Committee (DC) of the Ghana Soccer Affiliation (GFA) has suspended Dr Yaw Amo Sarpong, Policy Analyst of Asante Kotoko, from all soccer matches and competitions for six months with speedy result pursuant to Posting 39.1 (a) of the GFA Normal Laws.
This was just after the DC experienced observed Dr Sarpong guilty of misconduct, possessing pleaded not responsible to the cost of wrongfully wielding a gun at a match location by the GFA prosecutor, Raphael Tottimeh.
The DC, chaired by Samson Lardy Anyenini, last Thursday, even so, revoked the before short-term ban which was handed the target hours soon after firing gunshots all through the Normalisation Committee (NC) unique competition match day 9 activity involving Berekum Chelsea and Kotoko at the Golden City Park on Sunday, April 28.
Dr Sarpong, who attended the sitting down in the corporation of his law firm, admitted to likely for his gun from his car or truck boot and firing 4 periods into the air in self-defence, as effectively as admitting in his testimony that he exercised erroneous judgement when he declared publicly that he was contacting for law enforcement reinforcement by buying his telephone and putting a contact to the Regional Police Commander.
The DC described that motion to be completely wrong judgement on the portion of the defendant because he set himself in harms way by the stated announcement and the subsequent action of firing the gun, regardless of the complained provocation.
‘This conduct he admits ahead of the GFADC was wrong because he should to have complained about the alleged inadequate stability at the location to the Match Commissioner.
“The GFADC notes that a great deal as he may possibly have meant very well in the reported intervention, it was not in just his electrical power or jurisdiction to individually suppose this kind of responsibility and progress to announce publicly that he was contacting for police reinforcement to the Berekum Golden City Park,” it extra.
“This conduct, the GFADC finds poor, irregular and opposite to regular procedure.”
MR. SAMSON LARDY ANYENINI – CHAIRMAN
MR. OSEI KWADWO ADOW – VICE CHAIRMAN
DR. KWAKU OFOSU ASARE – MEMBER
W.O. AMOO WILLIAM – MEMBER
MR. NURUDEEN ALHASSAN – MEMBER
WILLIAM BOSSMAN – SECRETARY
ASP. RAPHAEL TOTTIMEH (RTD) – GFA PROSECUTOR
Yaw Amo Sarpong, Coverage Analyst of Asante Kotoko Football Club, attends the listening to with his Attorney. He pleads not guilty as charged, ahead of the GFA Disciplinary Committee hereinafter referred to as the GFADC.
2. He, however, admits in his testimony that he exercised completely wrong judgement when he introduced publicly that he was contacting for police reinforcement by picking his mobile phone and placing a phone to the Regional Police Commander.
3. This perform he admits right before the GFADC was mistaken since he should to have complained about the alleged insufficient protection at the venue to the Match Commissioner.
4. Yaw Amo Sarpong again admits that safety for the reported match was the duty of the Residence Staff.
5. His assertion that, right before graduation of the match and prior to the incident, he was known as upon to make peace following an incident in which someone had been slapped is duly famous.
6. GFADC notes that considerably as he may well have intended very well in the stated intervention, it was not within just his electrical power or jurisdiction to individually suppose this kind of responsibility and carry on to announce publicly that he was contacting for police reinforcement to the Berekum Golden Metropolis Park.
7. This perform, the GFADC finds improper, irregular and opposite to typical treatment.
8. Yaw Amo Sarpong once again admits to heading for his gun from his auto boot and firing four periods into the air. He put himself in harms-way by stated announcement and subsequent action of firing the gun regardless of the complained provocation.
9. The GFADC is unable to acknowledge his assertion of performing in self-defense in the stated act in opposition to individuals he asserts were hitting him with bricks and sticks for earning the reported announcement for law enforcement reinforcement.
10. The GFADC has noticed evidence of head inquiries and a doctor’s report confirming identical, and sympathizes with Mr. Yaw Amo Sarpong for the unlawful injuries inflicted on him.
11. The GFADC is joyful to note that Mr. Yaw Amo Sarpong testifies that he is capable of pinpointing all those who assaulted him. The Committee urges the law enforcement to quickly monitor investigations into the grievance lodged by Mr. Sarpong and to guarantee speedy prosecution.
12. Yaw Amo Sarpong is even so responsible of misconduct and he is suspended from all football matches and competitions for 6 months with immediate effect pursuant to Write-up 39.1(a) of the GFA Common Rules.
13. It is mentioned, for the avoidance of doubt, that the ban handed him previously as a final result of his carry out is hereby revoked.