Sports Information of Friday, 21 June 2019
Following prolonged several hours of negotiations that eventually provided emissaries from the Presidency, the Cameroon gamers and the sports ministry arrived at a offer around a bonus row that could have jeopardised the defending champions’ participation at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Egypt.
Particulars of the deal were being not uncovered to the push but point out television CRTV showed footage of the players, all smiles and rolling their baggage out of their Mont Febe resort in Yaoundé and afterwards boarding the team’s official bus for the airport, with admirers applauding on the aspect of the street.
A Aim supply at the FA (Fecafoot) confirmed that the staff will go away for Egypt at 14H00 (13H00 GMT) on Friday. If they failed to get there in Cairo on time, the defending champions could’ve been disqualified from taking part at the Afcon.
Cameroon are the only crew however to arrive in Egypt and the match starts off afterwards at night time, with the hosts taking on Zimbabwe.
The players experienced refused to journey in protest of the bonuses offered to them by the federal government. They ended up demanding 40 million francs (€61,000) every, whilst the authorities mentioned they could only afford to pay for 50 percent of that amount of money, 20 million francs (€30,500), which experienced now been wired to their respective financial institution accounts.
Mediations from Fecafoot, the Sports Minister and other condition dignitaries which include legend Samuel Eto’o experienced failed before in the day.
In an open letter to the basic general public, the players spelled out the pursuing throughout their standoff with the authorities:
1) Most of us compensated totally or partially our air tickets from our clubs to the team’s camp for the Afcon preparations.
2) Throughout tenting in Madrid and Doha, no participant, between the ultimate 23 or the excluded 14, was paid out participation top quality.
3) Our camping in Doha, our trip to Yaounde and the eventual trip to Cairo were all sponsored by Qatar.
4) A presidential decree relationship back again to 2014 states that all bonuses, participation expenses for helpful matches and camping will have to be paid out to the gamers prior to the start out of a key match like the Afcon.
5) We have even acknowledged a 25% slash in our normal bonuses forward of the future Afcon but regretably, they are not honouring this.
6) We deplore the weak interaction in between the players and soccer officials of this state.
7) This disorganisation led to the refusal of players like Joel Matip, Stephane Mbia and Nicolas Nkoulou to appear to camp.
8) We want that the long term technology of players would not endure a related disregard as us and those people who preceded us.
The Indomitable Lions will open up their campaign towards Guinea Bissau on June 25 and have to have to be at the opposition five days prior to their initially match, in accordance to Caf procedures.