North Tongu MP, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, has created a 10-position recommendation to federal government on how to produce income amid the combat from the new coronavirus.
These points, the legislator prompt in a publish, if
followed, would give the governing administration the economic muscle as an alternative of the
administration slipping on the heritage fund.
Amid some others, Mr. Ablakwa prompt a 50 per cent shell out lower for all political officeholders.
He also advised a 60 for every cent reduce in dimension of federal government,
that is, Ministers and presidential staffers.
If these and other people are done, the outspoken MP states “the
heritage fund will most probable be remaining intact for our youngsters.”
“May the generation that will occur immediately after us not be
upset that we bequeathed them with just about very little for the reason that we refused
to sacrifice and take into consideration other patriotic solutions in this watershed period of time of
background,” he added.
Read his publish under
Just after listening to the Hon. Finance Minister in Parliament
earlier currently justify the want to use the heritage fund in the combat towards
COVID-19, I shall humbly submit that in advance of the Akufo-Addo administration
depletes the heritage fund reserved for the following technology, we first take into account
the subsequent 10 strategies:
1) 50% spend slice for all political office holders
2) Decrease by 60% the amount of Ministers and Presidential
3) Shut and realign lots of of the Ministries which would
grow to be redundant immediately after the ministerial downsizing
4) Lay off all Particular/Particular Assistants to Ministers and
5) Suspend all Ex-Gratia payments
6) Interim closure of at minimum 50% of our diplomatic
missions abroad and remember personnel to Accra
7) Cancel contracts of all consultants in the public sector
8) Place a freeze on all prestige jobs which can hold out
including the national cathedral, marine travel job, new passport workplace and
the regional coordinating council places of work for the six new areas
9) Suspend the phenomenon of cost-free gas for the class of
community servants who profit
10) Repeal all tax waivers granted in the latest several years for non-necessary
solutions and commodities with the check out to abolishing the follow transferring
If we muster the political will to do these, the heritage
fund will most probable be left intact for our youngsters.
May the generation that will occur soon after us not be
disappointed that we bequeathed them with pretty much practically nothing because we refused
to sacrifice and think about other patriotic choices in this watershed interval of