The Ghana Drinking water Enterprise Minimal (GWCL) has questioned all landlords and landladies to allow for their tenants access to h2o for free of charge.
The transfer is in compliance with President Akufo-Addo’s announcement that governing administration will absorb the April, May possibly and June costs of shoppers dwelling in spots affected by the ongoing partial lockdown to curb the unfold of coronavirus.
In a statement copied to JoyNews, GWCL urged landlords and landladies to conform to the directive.
“Landlords and landladies who offer h2o to tenants ought to allow for tenants to use the h2o for cost-free from April, May well and June.”
Also, landlords and landladies who offer drinking water to other users of the local community have been asked to sign up with the district offices of the GWCL to be eligible for fee/compensation.
The Enterprise adds that “all buyers disconnected prior to the President’s announcement, are continue to liable and should spend their arrears to empower them delight in the free drinking water.
“If a shopper is not in a place to pay arrears in full, these types of shopper can negotiate with the District Places of work and or Regional Places of work, so as to be reconnected. These scenarios will be taken care of on specific bases.”
Read through the full statement below:
The President, on the 3rd of April 2020, announced to Ghanaians, that Authorities was absorbing drinking water expenses of citizens from April, May and June as aspect of measures to assist control the COVID-19 pandemic. Management needs to advise the typical public that it has started off the implementation of the President’s vision and the Government’s policy. It is therefore vital that all Ghanaians are educated on the policy to enable citizens enjoy the vision for sleek implementation
Therefore, with influence from April and ending in June 2020:
- All buyers of the Ghana H2o Corporation Limited (GWCL) on classification 611 (domestic buyers) shall have their payments from April, Could and June absorbed and paid by Federal government.
- All stand-pipes shall be used to serve citizens for no cost and Govt shall take in the invoice and pay out commission/payment to the vendors. As a result, sellers are anticipated to nevertheless control the providers to the general public, but for totally free. This is to make certain the prudent use of water.
- Landlords and landladies who provide water to tenants will have to make it possible for tenants to use the water for no cost from April, May well and June. Landlords and Landladies who market water to other users of the community need to sign-up with the district places of work of the GWCL to be eligible for commission/compensation.
- All consumers disconnected prior to the President’s announcement, are nevertheless liable and must fork out their arrears to allow them love the free h2o. If a customer is not in a placement to fork out arrears in complete, these types of shopper can negotiate with the District Offices and or Regional Places of work, so as to be reconnected. These conditions will be treated on individual bases.
- Tanker products and services have been organized to provide deprived communities. Consumers in these communities ought to liaise with the Assembly customers, who will request for the companies of these tankers from our district places of work. The numbers for all district places of work of the GWCL will be printed in the media.
Administration of GWCL is pretty a great deal appreciative of the aid from the normal general public in these hoping periods and want to assure the general community that, the business is functioning assiduously to permit citizens have sufficient provide specially for domestic use and to help us observe the necessary protocols outlined by the President.
To assist the corporation by this significant interval, shoppers are recommended to strictly observe the subsequent h2o conservation actions:
● Cease indiscriminate watering of lawns with addressed drinking water,
● Average the use of dealt with water for car or truck washing via the use of buckets
As a substitute of hosing,
● shut all faucets when not in use,
● Repair service all leakages in your households, like overflowing reservoirs and dripping taps, valves, etc
● Report all burst pipes and leakages instantly to the closest GWCL district workplaces, Consumer Assistance centres, Fault Places of work.
● Report all individuals engaged in unlawful connections, by-passes, and all malpractices in opposition to GWCL to the nearest Police station or to the district places of work.
The typical community can also contact or GWCL whatsapp GWCL on these quantities 0555123393, 0555155524, 0207385088, 0207385089, 0207385090. You can include google areas, photographs and video clips of the burst. The toll free of charge line for the consumer connect with center is 0800 40 000 for Vodafone mobile and land traces only and 0302 218240 for all other networks.
Administration of GWCL, wishes to tips the common public that it is executing its utmost finest in this present-day situation but as patriotic citizens, we need to have to desist from Delinquent and unacceptable behaviors like the misuse of drinking water as we see on social media, illegal connections, and by passes. Assist GWCL to provide you far better.
The cooperation of the common community is enormously appreciated.