The Member of Parliament for Ajumako-Enyan-Esiam has criticised the Vice President, Mahamudu Bawumia for comparing the coronavirus pandemic to dumsor.
Interacting with the media after chairing a coronavirus assembly at the Jubilee Property Monday, Dr Bawumia strike back again at previous President John Dramani Mahama, above new feedback that the existing administration’s discontinuation of jobs he began, has badly affected Ghana’s Covid-19 fight.
Dr. Bawumia mentioned President Akufo-Addo has demonstrated leadership and competence amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, improved than the former president who unsuccessful to adequately control the ‘dumsor’ predicament all through his time.
Ato Forson finds the comparisons regrettable.
In a reaction to Dr Bawumia the former Deputy Finance Minister mentioned “comparing a pandemic to an power crisis that transpired mainly because the NPP Government failed to invest in electric power era around an eight year interval only reflects the confusion that has characterized the Vice President’s recent pronouncements.
“In any situation, it is inhumane to review a pandemic killing human beings to an electrical energy technology dilemma that was settled by the identical authorities,” he extra.
Read the complete assertion down below:
Mr. Vice President:
We endured dumsor in Ghana between 2005 to 2008 when you were a Deputy Governor of the Lender of Ghana and a member of the Financial administration workforce. Can you remind Ghanaians about any stimulus package you delivered to mitigate the plight of Ghanaians?
Evaluating a pandemic to an electricity disaster that happened mainly because the NPP Govt failed to devote in electricity era in excess of an 8calendar year period only reflects the confusion that has characterized the Vice President’s modern pronouncements.
In any scenario, it is inhumane to look at a pandemic killing human beings to an electric power technology dilemma that was solved by the exact same governing administration.
It is time to warning Dr. Bawumia not to be proud of beauty macro-economic details that fails to translate into financial nicely-currently being.
These days, Ghana’s public financial debt has amplified from GHS 120.3 billion as at 31st December 2016 to GHS 235 Billion as at 31st March 2020.
Your govt is having difficulties to company curiosity on general public credit card debt as a outcome creditors have started off charging penalties on delayed curiosity payments.
Unfortunately, our financial debt amounts are so higher that we danger getting a significant financial debt distress place however you have unsuccessful to present humility and competence in correcting your mess.
Now, on the rant about info, Out there details points to your monumental failure to maintain your word to the Ghanaian folks.
Here are a several good reasons why:
1) When is Dr. Bawumia going to make available the $18 billion Chinese bank loan he promised us?
2) When is he heading to draw down on the $2 billion sinohydro bank loan?
3) What occurred to “No village in Ghana will have a obstacle with rest room and h2o provision within 2 years of an NPP Governing administration?”
4) How about your promise that “Every Ghanaian will have a lender account by stop of 2018.
5).Cedi arrested and the keys specified to the IGP? yet you have unsuccessful to verify the absolutely free drop of the cedi.
6) The promise of giving the required incentives for personal sector participation in health and fitness company shipping stays a mirage. What took place to it?
8) Applying insurance policies that will decrease the price of doing organization has been a hoax.
9) The pledge to give a responsible and expense efficient mix of strength provide for businesses has almost certainly been very long forgotten.
10) Pursuing intense industrialization and price addition to agricultural create has not observed the light of working day.
11) The a lot touted allocation of US$1 million every year for every constituency has become a bitter fallacy.
12) The guarantee to produce interconnected roadways, railways, ports and harbor (RRHPs) system remains a pipe aspiration.
13) The Water For All Programme has grow to be one more deception.
14) Dr. Bawumia’s assure to assemble 570 dams in 2017 provides to his tall checklist of empty rhetoric.
15) Minimizing the corporate tax charge from 25% to 20% has even now not materialized.
16) The pledge to supply incentives for the hospitality and creative arts marketplace that will enable them make careers has been yet another fiasco.
17) The assure to create hospitals in districts that absence them was entirely overlooked until eventually COVID-19 uncovered the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia administration.
The litany of broken guarantees and outright deception is infinite. I can go on and on.
Sir, spend notice to the information contained in the NPP 2016 manifesto and quite a few guarantees you made in the latest past and supply on them for that is the social agreement the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia govt has with the men and women.
Cassiel Ato Forson (MP)