Home World Auditor Common is wrong, we have earned our monies – Majority Leader

Auditor Common is wrong, we have earned our monies – Majority Leader

73
0



The The vast majority Leader, Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu has dismissed promises by the Auditor Normal Daniel Domelovo that some former MPs and previous associates of the govt who served concerning 2004 and 2008 are not suitable for the payment of their income arrears.

This comes right after the Forum for Previous Customers of Parliament wrote to the Main of Personnel Frema Osei Opare requesting payment of superb arrears for 139 federal government officials who served right until 2008.

Speaking to journalists in Parliament Tuesday, the Vast majority Leader who is element of the team demanding the payment stated “President Mills’ administration is on file to have claimed that the Chinery Hesse committee’s report was never ever accredited by parliament and so they had been not heading to pay back the advice contained in the report, while then-President Kufuor accredited the report.

“Eventually, they paid some amount about 70% or so of what was required to be paid out and they explained they were being going to investigate and pay out the remaining later on. But the remaining amount of money under no circumstances obtained paid out which is what colleagues of that parliament [that is house between 2004 and 2008] are requesting for,” he explained to journalists in parliament.

A group of previous Parliamentarians led by the current Chief of Staff members wrote to the workplace of the Chief of employees requesting for the payment of the arrears of their ex-gratia to be manufactured to them.

According to them, they ended up paid about 70 percent of their ex-gratia by the Mills administration, leaving 30% of the total in arrears which has not been paid out till now.

But the Auditor Standard Mr. Daniel Domelovo in reaction claimed the previous govt officials are not entitled to the claimed payment and is urging the Chief of Personnel to overlook it.

Mr Kyei Mensah Bonsu, having said that, disagreed with the Auditor Typical on grounds that the payment was authorized by the Kufuor administration, having said that, following he [president Kufuor] still left workplace, the payments were being hardly ever created.

“It did not have to be accepted by President Mills, it experienced to be approved by president Kufour who did. But sad to say, when they went to the Jubilee home to appear for the doc, for whatsoever explanation, feed-back was that the document did not exist at the household. The report signed by Kufuor disappeared,” he stated.

He extra that “I was the deputy Bulk Chief and I created some feedback about what we did. I incorporated it in the report that was with me which the Hon Dr. Tony Aidoo came for from me he by no means returned it.

“However, I feel we’ve manged to see some of them and certainly the honourable Bagbin, the second deputy speaker has even designed a report on that.”

The previous MPs, some of whom still left Parliament above 10 decades back, are requesting the payment of arrears of salaries and emoluments amounting to around ¢29.7 million.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here