The Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Association of Bankers Daniel Ato Kwamina Mensah is established to retire from GAB this calendar year.
The Ghana Association of Bankers (GAB) has hence appointed John Awuah as the Deputy Main Government Officer.
Mr Awuah will get more than from the present Main Govt Officer, D.K. Mensah when the latter retires later on in the yr.
Daniel Ato Kwamina Mensah has been in the banking field since 1985. He earlier worked as an Educationist, in the course of which interval he taught at the a variety of degrees of the instructional framework (Major, Secondary and Tertiary amounts).
D.K. Mensah was employed as a Investigate Economist by the Countrywide Expense Financial institution in 1985. As an Economist with a Improvement Financial institution, his responsibilities included the carry out of sectorial scientific studies for expense organizing in both equally the private and general public sector funding.
In 1990, he was drafted to be portion of a Crew that effectively introduced corporate banking solutions and transformed business banking activities of the Nationwide Expenditure Bank. He was also the Liaison Officer for the Centre for the Improvement of Business – an EU/ACP industrial advertising wing for the North-South co-procedure.
In July 1993, he was appointed as the Government Secretary/ Main Executive Officer of the Ghana Association of Bankers, a posture he has occupied until date.
As the Chief Govt Officer of the Ghana Association of Bankers, he is responsible for the day to working day management of the Association’s Secretariat and is the liaison concerning all certified banks and all other exterior establishments like the West African Bankers Affiliation, Authorities and the Lender of Ghana.
He has more than the several years initiated assumed management routines to aid efforts of the banking industry in shaping Ghana’s financial system.
D.K. Mensah has wide boardroom practical experience, amongst some others:
1. President, West African Bankers Association – 1995 – 1997
2. Trustee, Money Investment Believe in – Resigned
3. Director, Eximguaranty Enterprise Constrained -Resigned
4. Chairman, Board of Administrators, West African Interbank Payments Techniques (WAIPS) of West African Bankers Association.
5. Member, Ghana Overall health Service Council -Resigned
6. Member, Ghana City Transport Advisory Committee -Resigned
7. Trustee, Undertaking Money Believe in Fund. -Resigned
8. Director, National Expense Lender Restricted -Resigned
9. Director, Possibility Worldwide Cost savings and Loans Confined
His Investigation Papers Incorporate:
1. Electricity Demand – The Economies of Establishing Charcoal Briquette Vegetation in Ghana.
2. An Agro-Industrial Examine: The Oil Palm Marketplace of Ghana (Printed by the Nationwide Financial investment Lender)
3. A study of the Shea nut Field in Northern Ghana (This study was carried out for the Centre for the Advancement Marketplace of the European Union for the Cocoa Analysis Institute of Ghana which at the time was wanting for funding to improve the technological innovation for the extraction of shea butter from the shea nut for export).
4. Developing the Infrastructure (Smooth and Difficult) For a Credible Trade Settlement Technique to Guidance intra-ECOWAS Trade (Paper presented at African Export-Import Lender (AFREXIMBANK)/ West African Financial Institute (WAMI) Seminar).
On “Obstacles to Intra-Regional Trade in West Africa – The challenge of Non-Tariff Barrier and Lousy Trade Settlement System”) May possibly 2010
Daniel Ato Kwamina Mensah retains a B.A (Hons) diploma in Economics with Political Science from the University of Ghana, an MSc (Econs) degree in Intercontinental Trade and Finance from the University of Ibadan and an MBA degree from the Ghana Institute of Administration and Public Administration (GIMPA).
He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and advertising, Ghana. He is also a Fellow of equally the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB).