Home Business Fisheries Ministry distributes 300 outboard motors to fishermen in Central Area

Fisheries Ministry distributes 300 outboard motors to fishermen in Central Area

27
0


The Ministry of Fisheries has begun distributing outboard motors to some fishermen along Ghana’s coastal communities.

The distribution of the subsidised outboard motors, according to the Ministry, is aspect of the President’s Fishing Enter Aid Scheme for Fishers, which is to assist the livelihoods of fishers and the fishing communities.

Artisanal fishing communities in Ghana, are generally characterised by very low incomes and bad residing circumstances with an estimated poverty incidence of 30%, which is the 2nd-maximum in the region.

Fisheries Minister, Elizabeth Aforley Quaye at the ceremony to distribute the outboard motors to the fisherfolk at Elmina, explained government by the Ministry was collaborating with the Coastal Enhancement Authority to make the outboard motors reasonably priced to the fishers.

In this scenario, the fishermen would pay about 60% of the cost, when the governing administration would pay the remaining 40%.

“Government is procuring about 5000 outboard motors for distribution to beneficiaries at inexpensive costs to strengthen their productiveness. The initially 1300 outboard motors getting dispersed was imported with initial funding from ADB Lender out of the 1300, 1200, are 40HP and 100 15HP,” she said.

The Minister of Fisheries Minister even more spelled out the President’s fishing enter help plan for fishers is consequently meant to present fishing inputs and gears such as outboard motors, tricycles, assorted fishing equipment, wire mesh, aluminum basins and ahotor ovens.

“Under the plan, in 2019, governing administration as a result of the ministry supplied fishers with assorted fishing inputs like fishing nets, twines and basin as section of the assist for the implementation of the shut season distribution of outboard motors,” she averred.

The Minister used the prospect to urge all beneficiaries to just take good treatment of the outboard motors to lengthen its lifespan.

In May perhaps, 2020, the ministry supported fishing communities with assorted COVID-19 basic safety items. The products have been distributed to MMDAs for onward distribution to the fishing communities. Elizabeth Aforley Quaye urged all fishing communities to use the items to improve the sanitary conditions and security at the landing beach front.

Current at the ceremony ended up the Paramount Chief of the Edina Traditional Region, Nana Kojo Conduah II and the Govt Director of the Fisheries Commission.



Supply website link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here