Sporting activities Information of Tuesday, 8 September 2020
Simply click to examine all about coronavirus →
The foremost opposition celebration, the Countrywide Democratic Congress (NDC) has promised substantial facelift for sports activities infrastructure when voted into ability in the December 2020 elections.
Launching their manifesto on September 7, 2020, the NDC has promised to wrap up the design of the New Edubiase Athletics Stadium, upgrade the Winneba Athletics School into a point out-of-the-artwork Sports activities University with campuses across the state and Build sports activities leisure facilities in communities in every single district.
Infrastructural deficit pertaining to athletics has been one of Ghana’s worst held insider secrets interlaced with the unpopular perspective of inadequate maintenance lifestyle bedeviling the sector.
However, a selection of interventions are staying produced by the present authorities to deal with the issues with 10 multi-goal sports services being produced throughout the nation although renovating currently existing constructions.
Recognizing the infrastructure deficit in the state for sporting activities growth, John Dramani Mahama, the flagbearer of the Countrywide Democratic Congress (NDC), has promised to entire the New Edubiase Stadium which was commenced by his occasion among other people.
Underneath are NDC’s programs for sporting activities:
1. Established up Sporting activities Facilities of Excellence in the three geographical zones of Ghana.
2. Building of stadia in all districts throughout the state to aid unearth sports activities skills.
3. Enhance the Winneba Athletics University into a point out-of-the-art Sporting activities College with campuses. This has been proposed to be accomplished in picked areas. The system includes the provision of chances for schooling and capability building in athletics management and administration as perfectly as sports activities administration and science.
4. Keep on and complete the New Edubiase Stadium commenced by the bash 4 several years prior.
5. Develop athletics recreational services in communities in each and every district.
6. Use the Sports activities Growth Fund to aid the Sporting activities Associations to shell out salaries and boost welfare of local sportsmen and women of all ages.
GhanaWeb is not dependable for the reportage or thoughts of contributors released on the web site. Read through our disclaimer.
Send your information stories to
and by way of WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.