The Evangelical Presbyterian (E.P) School of Education and learning positioned in Amedzorpe in the Ho West District of the Volta Location has for many years considering the fact that inception, lacked any major facelift with the exception of a library and a classroom block.
The Principal of the E.P College or university of Education, Dr Dickson Tsey at the commissioning of the very first-at any time Liquefied Petroleum Fuel (LPG) installation at the college or university by PPMC, lamented on the deplorable situation of most of the buildings because the Germans crafted the college in 1946.
According to Dr Dickson Tsey, the ancient woman hostel is on the verge of collapse due to its deplorable mother nature introducing that there is a 4-storey woman making that has been at the foundation amount for extra than seven years with no any efforts by authorities to continue on with the venture.
Dr Tsey mentioned that the completion of the female hostel would bring great aid to the management and the students and would also assistance make improvements to on instructing and learning.
“We humbly enchantment to governing administration, establishments to come to the help of the university in fixing various worries confronting the university especially the deplorable feminine hostel which is a good get worried to the university,” Dr Tsey pleaded.
Dr Dickson Tsey also observed that the college or university lacks a present day administration block with workplaces, renovation of the science block as very well as re-equipping the science lab among lots of other problems faced by the faculty that requires quick notice.
Some learners who spoke with JoyNews mentioned it would be a point of joy to see the college reworked to a modern-day position with modern day facilities especially the completion of the feminine hostel which has been abandoned for additional than 7 many years now.
The E.P School of Education and learning [AMECO] is set to rejoice its 75th anniversary but with numerous issues that needs governing administration interest.
AMECO was opened on February 10, 1946, with the motto: ‘Education for Service”.
The founding fathers of the University were Mr. W.M. Beveridge, a Scottish missionary, Rev. C.G.Baeta, Rev. R.S. Kwami, Mr. Winfred Addo, Rev. McMillian and Mr. Tom Barton.
Users of the teaching personnel in 1946 ended up Mrs. Isa S. Beveridge, Mr. V.O. Anku, Mr. R.Y. Gletsu and Mr. S.K. Agbley.
The vision of the School is to posture alone to come to be a reputable Faculty in teacher education and learning and to be a pacesetter in Facts Communication Technology training.
The University was established with the admission of 30 adult men. Rev. W.M. Beveridge, was the to start with principal of the Higher education.
In January 1950, the Faculty grew to become a co-educational establishment, when it admitted its initially batch of 20 woman learners.
AMECO has adopted approved programs to meet up with the teacher demands of the region for fundamental education.