Home Politics Western Togoland: Conflicting accounts expose government complicity

Western Togoland: Conflicting accounts expose government complicity [ARTICLE]

95
0


Opposite to early impressions that the insurgents, who declared their independence previous Friday, September 25, 2020, were members of the separatist motion, Homeland Study Group Basis, (HSGF) that has been campaigning for the secession of some elements of Ghana into an unbiased ’Western Togoland State’, it has now emerged that these concerned in the most recent insurgency attacks are users of a new team, Western Togoland Restoration Entrance (WTRF), whose actions are allegedly currently being funded by the Volta Regional Minister, Dr. Archibald Yao Letsa.

Again, video footages and images taken by witnesses have also revealed that their flag in truth is different. Some users talking on Ho primarily based Volta-1 Television, several hours just after the assaults also alleged that Dr. Archibald Yao Letsa, is a well known patron and financier of the group’s routines, in particular in a long time earlier.

Dr. Archibald Letsa has having said that denied supporting the secessionist groups in the Volta Area. “That is ridiculous”, Dr. Letsa explained to host of Accra centered Class 91.3FM’s 505 information programme, who questioned him about the allegation which has been re-echoed by MP for South Tongu, Kobina Mensah Woyome.

“Valentina, I really do not want to reply that dilemma since it’s absurd. We have been working with these teams due to the fact we arrived into office environment in 2017. How do I know them? How do I aid them? Have been they in a position to deliver any evidence? Dr. Letsa retorted”

The MP for South Tongu claimed that a person of the customers of the secessionist group personally advised him on cell phone that they experienced the aid of Dr. Letsa. Mr. Woyome said he experienced called the Tongu Divisional Law enforcement Commander’s cellphone, who experienced apparently been briefly taken hostage by the militants and one particular of them answered it and described the Regional Minister’s title as supporting the team.

Speaking on another radio interview, the Volta Regional Minister, Dr. Archibald Letsa stated govt was effectively conscious of the prepared attacks. According to him, this separatist group, together with 2 others, have been underneath the radar of the Volta Regional Protection Council given that 2017.

Dr. Letsa also disclosed that the nation’s protection forces had pre-empted the Friday morning attack by securing very important installations and it was suspected that the roadblocks on the Mepe-Sege street and the Accra-Ho highway at Juapong have been developed as a distraction. “We’ve been monitoring them for some time now for about two several years considering the fact that 2017. We had been aware that there had been likely to be some pursuits final night and we had to protect some important set up to make positive that the economic climate of the Volta area is not adversely afflicted. So we truly were being capable to avoid far more significant attacks that have been prepared by this group”.

Dr. Letsa admitted that there ended up certainly 3 secessionist groups and further more revealed that the WTRF is just one of 3 secessionist groups in the Volta Region that have sprung from the Western Togoland Research Group (WTSG) headed by Papavi. “They began with the Western Togoland Study Group but considering the fact that then we now have some other independent teams building and the Western Togoland Study Group was led by Papavi. But this Restoration group is becoming led by Togbe Yesu I. And there is an additional group so we have 3 splinter teams that we are now contending with he defined.”

Stability Analyst, Adams Bona is demanding the instant resignation or dismissal of the Volta Regional Minister, Inside Minister – Ambrose Dery, Defence Minister – Dominic Nitiwul and Countrywide Protection Minister – Kan Dapaah for intelligence failures and the embarrassment these incidents have brought on to the nation.

Adam Bona who was talking on Inside of Politics informed Mugabe Maase on Accra based mostly Power FM97.9 that, he was surprised that the President Nana Akufo-Addo has not made any formal comment or dealt with the country on the security menace.

The security analyst stated what is even extra disturbing is the decision by the Legal professional Basic and Minister of Justice – Gloria Akuffo to discontinue the treason rates levelled against the founder of the Homeland Research Team Basis – Papavi Hogbedetor.

“The President, Nana Akufo-Addo need to be immediately held responsible for these attacks. Gloria Akuffo and her two deputies are also complicit. Then the heads of the various countrywide safety businesses. They have all been so negligent when it comes to these secessionist groups. By now the President must have addressed the nation” Adam Bona spelled out.

Adam Bona extra “Ghanaians are not angry ample. The AG ought to come and explain why she mentioned she was no far more intrigued in pursuing the situation from the chief of the Homeland Study Group Foundation and all those arrested about two yrs back when their things to do sprang up. Possibly the AG, Gloria Akuffo has some information, we really do not know he informed Mugabe Maase”.

The Protection Analyst questioned “How do you want people in the Volta location to react? How secure are they? The persons had been recently subjected to threats when there was major deployment of Police, Military services and Immigration officers below the guise of securing the borders all through the voter registration exercise. Is it another endeavor to make excuses for a lot more long run deployments?”

Thirty-1 suspects including a woman have so considerably been arrested and are at this time in custody in Accra. Rumours are rife that numerous of these arrested are ordinary inhabitants and have tiny to do with those involved in the insurgency assaults lots of of whom managed to escape arrest. The Police have also not yet retrieved any weapons stolen from the law enforcement armouries.

Ghanaians are still nevertheless to arrive to phrases with how the insurgents had been capable to conquer national stability intelligence, and succeeded in overpowering Law enforcement officers at Aveyime and Mepe Police Stations, and broke into their armoury to steal weapons. The armed males who introduced their assaults close to 2 am on Friday, mounted roadblocks on the Mepe-Sege highway, the Accra-Ho street at Juapong and the Accra -Sogakope-Aflao highway close to the most important bridge.

By: Daniel Acheampong

The sights and views expressed herein are the non-public views of the contributors and do not replicate the sights of the organization Pulse.



Source hyperlink

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here