He submitted a petition at the Supreme Courtroom to obstacle the success.
The Supreme Court docket started to hear the petition demanding the consequence of the 2020 normal elections now, Thursday, January 14, 2021.
The Main Justice shaped a panel that will sit and hear the petition submitted by the NDC presidential applicant.
The associates of the panel formed by the Chief Justice are:
- His Lordship Justice Anin Yeboah – Main Justice
- His Lordship Justice Yaw Appau
- His Lordship Justice Samuel K. Marful-Sau
- His Lordship Justice Nene Abayaateye Ofoe Amegatcher
- His Lordship Justice Prof. Nii Ashie Kotey
- Her Ladyship Justice Mariama Owusu
- Her Ladyship Justice Gertrude Torkornoo
Any electoral dispute that will come up from this year’s presidential election will be established by the Supreme Courtroom inside 42 days.
In accordance to the Main Justice, Justice Anin Yeboah claimed the new amendments to the Supreme Court docket Procedures were meant to information the apex court to expeditiously offer with electoral disputes.
“The amendment to the Supreme Court docket Rules, effected by the Supreme Courtroom (Amendment) (No 2) Regulations, 2016 (C.I. 99), has launched rigid timelines for the management and hearing of presidential election disputes which demand the courtroom to figure out any such disputes on the 42nd working day immediately after its filling,” he mentioned.